HP VCX End of Support: How to Prepare Your Business
As you may know, as of 2015, HP (3Com) has ceased all sales of their once popular VCX product. Since End of Sale does not imply End of Support, many customers were left wondering if they would be left without support at some point. Previously, HP has supported products that were discontinued for up to three years after their End of Life. Unfortunately, HP was not as generous with its VCX products and it will officially cease all support of its VCX product as of 31st December 2016. Hopefully, you have been well aware of this date and a plan has been put in place to replace your HP VCX system or find alternative support. If not, we can offer different ways to support and maintain your system. We can also help you transition to a more cost-effective telephony system and develop your system through SIP Trunking.
Here are the areas in which we could help you prepare for the HP VCX end of support:
- Remote VCX health check to make sure things are running smoothly
- Release upgrades
- Ongoing system monitoring and housekeeping
- Set up full failover of servers and gateways (we can help with second hand equipment)
- Replace gateways with platform independent Session Border Controllers and SIP Trunking
- Replace VCX with HP’s recommended replacement solution – ShoreTel – either on Premise, Cloud or Hybrid, including VCX equipment trade-in offers.
Give us a call and we will be more than happy to steer you in the right direction, we have previously migrated customers successfully to different telephony systems. If you wish to stay with your current system, we have a team of HP qualified VCX engineers ready to offer you top of the line support and maintenance.